Dr Stas Vashevnik MBBS FRANZCOG
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
|Dr Stas Vashevnik|
I was born in Ukraine in 1975 and have grown up in Melbourne since 1988. I attended McKinnon and Melbourne High Schools and graduated from Monash University.
I have been working in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology since 2002. Throughout this time I have worked in many different settings and hospitals – from small rural hospitals to major central tertiary centres:
- Box Hill Hospital
- Maroondah Hospital
- Angliss Hospital
- Bendigo Base Hospital
- Royal Women’s Hospital
- Mercy Hospital for Women
- Monash Medical Centre
- Dandenong Hospital
- Mildura Base Hospital
- Coffs Harbour Base Hospital
- Ballarat Base Hospital
- Rockhampton Base Hospital
- North West Regional Hospital (Burnie, Tasmania)
- St Vincent’s Hospital (Sydney)
- Royal Hospital for Women (Sydney)
This breadth of experience allows me to better meet the needs of my patients in many areas. Pelvic pain, infertility, menstrual and pelvic floor disorders are my main areas of interest including advanced laparoscopic and pelvic floor surgery.
In 2011 after obtaining the Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists I have moved to Frankston and Mornington Peninsula to work at Peninsula Private, Beleura, The Bays, Frankston and Rosebud Hospitals.
- Melbourne High School (VCE 1993)
- Australian Students Prize
- Diploma of Acupuncture (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Traditional Chinese Massage
- Monash University (MBBS 1999)
- Diploma of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obtetricians and Gynaecologists 2003
- Member of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obtetricians and Gynaecologists 2009
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obtetricians and Gynaecologists 2011
Current Hospital Appointments
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Peninsula Private Hospital
- Beleura Hospital
- The Bays Hospital
- Frankston Hospital
- Current affairs
- Strength and fitness training
- I am a qualified Sport Aikido instructor
- Kyokushin Karate
Staff Specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Advanced gynaecological surgery is my area of interest. I have completed Laparoscopic and Vaginal Surgical Fellowship at St Vincent’s and Royal Hospital for Women in Sydney in 2010. I regularly attend educational conferences and obtain up to date qualifications to provide the best standard of contemporary care for the benefit of my patients.
Medical Education and Research
I have published and co-authored articles in Australian and international journals on obstetrics and gynaecological topics.
I regularly attend conferences and meetings several times a year.
I continue to teach and supervise medical students and junior medical staff who are obstetricians and gynaecologists in training.
My Non-Medical Intellectual Interests include the following:
My sporting and recreational activities include:
My Values and Vision
I highly value and respect womens’ choices and believe in empowering women and clients to make informed decisions about their care. I treat my interactions with and opportunity to serve patients as a privilege. I individualize counselling and treatments to provide the best available information and care to patients and clients. I strongly believe in maximizing continuity of care and do my utmost to be available for patients and clients around the clock for advice and professional service.